Directions To Morgan County Sheriff's Office
The Morgan County Jail is Located at: 119 Lee St. Decatur, AL, 35601
View Photos of the Groundbreaking for the addition to the Morgan County Jail opening in Late 2015 Here
Inmate Visitation Hours
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00am - 10:45am : 12:00pm - 3:45pm
SATURDAY 8:00am - 10:45am : 12:00pm - 2:15pm
SUNDAY 9:00am - 10:45am : 12:00pm - 3:45pm
INMATES ARE ALLOWED 3 VISITS PER WEEK UNLESS HOUSED IN TRUSTEE DORM
SPECIAL VISITATION HOURS FOR TRUSTEES
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND SATURDAY - 6:00PM - 7:45PM
· Visitation days and times are to be determined by the Warden or Jail Administrator and will be posted. The Warden or Jail Administrator may authorize special or extended visits that would occur outside normal visiting hours.
· Visitors must present a current, and valid state issued ID.
· Exchange of visitors is prohibited during the course of the visitation.
· Visits will be on a first come, first serve basis. It will be the inmate’s responsibility to contact his family to come visit.
· If there is not a public visitation booth open, a visitor may be instructed to wait or come back later. The same instructions will be given if the visitation booth in the desired housing unit is already occupied. A visit will not be allowed to begin any later than 15 minutes before the close of visitation hours.
· Maximum amount of visitors is: 1 Adult and 2 Children -or- 2 Adults
· Visitors will not leave children under the age of thirteen unattended in the Lobby during visits and will supervise their children at all times.
· Visitors must remain seated at visitation monitor. Exposing of body parts during the video visitation is strictly prohibited. Any visitor in violation of this rule will lose visitation rights for one month or more as determined by jail staff.
· All Visitors’ clothing shall be clean and within the bounds of common decency. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times.
· Prohibited apparel includes, but is not limited to: tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, swim suits, see-through, or any other form of immodest or revealing clothing. Visitors dressed inappropriately, as determined by detention staff, shall not be allowed to visit.
· All visitors and their belongings are subject to search upon entering the facility. Weapons, ammunition, illegal drugs, and smoking are not allowed in the Lobby or Video Visitation room.
· After visitation is complete, Visitors must leave the facility. Loitering is not allowed within the facility or on facility grounds.
· Family and friend visits are normally not allowed until the inmate is housed in a pod.
· Inmates must be in complete uniform and are to remain properly dressed during the visit.
· Only one inmate at the visitation screen during a visit. No inmate will disturb another inmate while visiting.
· Any damage to, or destruction of the video visitation screen will result in termination of family and friend visitation. Criminal charges will be filed for destruction of county property.
· Visitation will be denied or terminated at anytime it is deemed necessary to maintain security, order, or discipline of our facility
· Persons identified as having been incarcerated in the Morgan County Detention Facility with in the last ninety days shall not be allowed to visit.
· Persons identified as having active warrants shall be reported immediately to sworn personnel for possible action.
· Food and Drinks are prohibited from inside the visitation room.
How do I give an Inmate Money?
When Inmates are booked into the Morgan County Jail, the Cash that they have on them is placed into an account at the Sheriff’s Office that allows them to purchase items from the jail commissary. Friends and Family members may place money in the kiosk in the MCSO Lobby.
How do I add money to an Inmate's phone?
An Inmate may purchase a phone card off of the jail commissary to be used for making phone calls. Friends and family members may also visit TELMATE or call 866.516.0115 to be assisted in adding money.
How to Mail a Letter to an Inmate?
*needs to be addressed as follows:
119 Lee St. NE
Decatur, AL 35601
PLEASE NOTE THAT MAIL FOUND TO HAVE CONTRABAND OR OTHER MATERIAL NOT ACCEPTED IS AS FOLLOWS, AND WILL BE REJECTED:
- MATERIAL THAT DEPICTS, DESCRIBES, OR ENCOURAGES ACTIVITES THAT COULD LEAD TO PHYSICAL VIOLENCE OR GROUP DISRUPTION INCLUDING MATERIALS DEALING WITH SUBJECTS OF SELF DEFENSE, SURVIVAL, WEAPONRY, ARMAMENTS, EXPLOSIVES, OR INCENDIARY DEVICES.
- INFORMATION REGARDING PLANS TO ESCAPE, COMMIT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, OR TO VIOLATE MORGAN COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY RULES
- INFORMATION REGARDING THE PRODUCTION OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
- SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIALS
- THREATS, EXTORTION, OBSCENITY, OR GRATUTIOUS PROFANITY
- ANYTHING OF MONETARY VALUE OTHER THAN A MONEY ORDER
- OTHER CONTRABAND INCLUDING STAMPS, ENVELOPES, WRITING PAPER, OR ANY OTHER ITEM THAT CAN BE PURCHASED OFF THE STORE.
What can I bring to an Inmate?
Within the first 10 days of an Inmates incarceration, an Inmate may be brought the following items:
- 2 pair of white socks
- 2 pair of briefs or panties (or 1 underwear and 1 thermal
- 2 white t-shirts (or 1 t-shirt and 1 thermal top)
- 2 sports bras (no wire or clasps)
- 1 white towel
- 1 white washcloth
- 1 soft cover bible
ITEMS MUST HAVE THE INMATES NAME WRITTEN ON IT WITH BLACK PERMENANT MARKER